Sunday, December 15, 2013

A Holiday

The kids and I are currently in Adelaide for a 10 day holiday at my Mums. She sold her big house in the Adelaide hills and bought a much smaller duplex in a beachside suburb - thank you cheezuz.
We are 10 minutes walk away from everything, shops, cafes, pubs, beach - compared to the 30 minute walk to not much in her previous suburb.
I'm loving it. We are 3 days in and have been to the beach everyday and it is glorious. Sunny, sandy, surfy, shelly. I feel like a child again, in a grown up sort of way. Collecting shells for sandcastles, chasing the kids around, splashing about in the salty water. I feel healthy, happy and relaxed.
I said as much to my darling first born today and he replied  thoughtfully 'well, you don't look any worse mum'.
Thanks dickhead.
He and Mum are the best of mates and have been watching old episodes of Mr Bean together for 'resting time' in the afternoon. The sound of them giggling/chortling/cracking up is like music to my ears. It's brilliant.
Yesterday Maggie and I laid down together after lunch. As we drifted off to sleep she whispered to me 'My Mummy. My Mummy here'. She sure is kid, she sure is.

1 comment: